Search

Blog Archive

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Mandela Effect | ''Sex ''AND'' The City''

Hello, I decided to write about something different before I'll start Blogmas. About Mandela effect. Let's start with what Mandela effect is. ''There’s an unexplained phenomenon that you’ve probably experienced without knowing what it’s called, and it’s garnering more and more attention lately. ''The Mandela effect is what the internet is calling those curious instances in which many of us are certain we remember something a particular way, but it turns out we’re incorrect.
The name of the theory comes from many people feeling certain they could remember Nelson Mandela dying while he was still in prison back in the ’80s. Contrary to what many thought, Mandela’s actual death was on Dec. 5, 2013, despite some people claiming to remember seeing clips of his funeral on TV.''
I don't want to make it boring, so let's start with a picture. We all know this one of the most popular series ever. How you call it? Ummm, probably ''Sex in the city'', like almost everyone.
Turned out, it's ''Sex and the city'' and it never was ''Sex in the city''! You can google ''sex in the city'', but all you will see it's ''sex and the city''. The point I write about this show because this one proves me on example of my real life Mandela effect is real. I'm 100% sure it's real, because I have a post on the blog about my favourite shows and this one was one of them. I perfectly remember how I googled ''Sex in the city'' pictures for this post and I chose one and on that picture was ''Sex in the city'', not ''Sex and the city''. So I checked today my old post and it's not ''Sex in the city'' on picture anymore. I was confused me, because I'm sure it was different. It scared me. But it's not strangest part. The strangest part is in that post I wrote ''Sex AND the city''... WHAT? I definetely didn't write this. Somebody changed it. Because I knew all my life this only as ''Sex in the city''. Today is the first day I've heard about it.
What's about their beauty products that's called ''SITC'' insteed ''SATC'. Do you think it's fake? This perfume costs $130 and very popular. So I don't think so.
Another proof is that in Ukraine (I'm Ukrainian) this show famous as ''Секс в великому місті'' that translates as ''Sex in the (big) city'', not freaking ''Sex and the city''. What's a sense translate the name of a show not right?
Although when I watched it on TV and it was translated but there was still English ''Sex IN the city'' on the screen. I've seen it a milion times.

The biggest proof (probably) that on official site of an author who created the show wrote it's still ''Sex in the City''. Interesting fact is that site was created by herself in 2000. So she wrote this by herself and I guess the creator knows better the name of thing she created.
This screenshot made by me today. I just googled ''candace bushnell''.
Mandela effect change videos people remember in another way. So it's ''sex and the city'' almost everywhere, exeption is this video, check this out:

Also you can find videos where actors say ''in'' too.

I could sound crazy, but I'm not alone in this. Millions of people think the same. Check out any videos on youtube where wrote ''Sex and the city'' and you will see many comments of confused people like ''I thought it's sex in the city'' or ''it's mistake, it's should be ''in'' there, not ''and''.

I was going to write about like 30 different things, but I was so shocked that post I wrote changed by itself, so in the next time!

Do you remember it's like ''Sex in the city'' or it was always '' Sex and the city'' for you?

4 comments:

  1. haha I'm so confused now! I also thought it was "Sex in the city" :D

    - Marta
    mrs-sarcastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember hearing about it before it actually aired. Never expected a title like that to appeal far more to women than to men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete