Search

Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

PROBLEMS OF SHORT PEOPLE


What to do exept taking selfies when you're waiting for your dentist in his cabinet?;)

Yesterday I felt a little awkward when I went back home from my dentist. Hehe. In front of me were a woman with a boy and that boy looked at me and said ''look this is woman is so short''. I was confused because his mother was around my height and woman that walked around me way shorter than me. But he was 100% pointing on me. Yeah, it's comfusing. And I'm not that even too short to scream about. My height is around 159 cm. that is around 5.2 ft. Just 5 cm less than the middle height in Europe and in America (164 cm.).
Btw, that's happened 3rd or 4th time with me - when kids say I'm very short. The last time before this one a really short kid just went close to me and asked why I'm so short. I just answered that actually I'm normal. I was with my dad and he was very angry at that child and was confused and suprised even more than me haha.
It's strange, cause when I was a child, my sister seemed really tall to me, although now she's just 3 cm. taller than me, so I had no idea why I seem short to little kids:D Any way, it inspired me to this post.


  • Jeans are always long. Mostly, very long. I'm so lucky to have my grandmother that does from pants I buy pants of my size. But that doesn't work with all pants if there is a print or something pretty on bottom.
  • And tops often look on me as dresses. That awkward situation when you like a sweater but it will be looks as knited dress on you.
  • Tall people talk about your height too often. Just some of them. That's annoying and really dumb.
  • You always need a chair to get something from high shelves. If it doesn't help you need a table hehe.
  • Often on photos legs look super short, so there is only way to take photos - from bottom, but there is other problem that from bottom face doesn't look as good as from top. 
  • Some clothes you like, don't suit to your height. Like my favoutrite long cardigans and even when I have very long hair (like now).
  • It feels like you're forever child.
  • It feels super awkward when around you only tall people, as I said it feels like you're still child or something wrong with you. Especially if it's tall women.
  • Some people think that height of models are only right height and to be short is a bad thing. I feel very awkward with them. Good that those people in past and I'm already clever enough now to be friends with people who care about such things like height. I find them strange. 
  • Hard to find shoes. I have size 35, but wear only always size 36 cause my size hard to find.


14 comments:

  1. haha, I'm even shorter than you (1,57) and shoe size is 35,5 ;)
    some tips:
    - for jeans/pants: on asos there's a tool where you can enter your height and weight and it'll give you the size you should order. plus, they've got a petite range for tiny women like us!
    - for shoes: kids department. and browse amazon. 35 is such a rare size, some bargains are waiting! and I use insoles for shoes I bought too large.
    hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last time I checked Asos it hadn't delivery to Ukraine, but now I found out that there is delivery now. I'll try one day when I'll need new clothes.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for such a helpful comment!

      Delete
  2. Such a nice and open post, well done dear!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/floortjeloves-12198253

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so true, I am the same height as you and people are always saying "you are so short"! And who cares! I used to care, but now not anymore. Though yes, jeans are always long, I wear shoes one size up and tops look like dresses :) But we are fine the way we are, believe that!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same with me! I cared about this so much in school. Even on my prom, as I wore snickers to my prom dress and I was like 2 heads shorter than anyone else.

      Delete
  4. at 5'1" i can totally relate. pants are always needing to be hemmed. :o

    Joy @ The Joyous Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exept if to buy pants for ''little girls''.

      Delete
  5. Little kids can also be rather dumb

    girls can be short and it's not that much of a big deal.

    Men can't be short and make it off easy.

    Like we have a coworker named Jeff and he's probably your height but as a male that's not very good. Women don't respect you very much if you're short. Some women won't date a man shorter than them.

    There's a cashier who's very cute and she joked about his short height and he's a good bit taller than her. I thought it was pretty darn ironic and funny.

    In metric I'm about 170-180cm, my wife is 146cm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you.

      I know it's hard to find girlfriends to short boys. I know some that had like one girlfriend although they're almost 30 years old.

      I noticed that Daisy is very petite.

      Delete
  6. I understand you but tall people have problems too... I have a friend that is really tall and she has problems with the trousers too!
    xx

    http://www.mybeautrip.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my friend (girl) 20 cm taller than me, so I know..)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...